Monday, March 5, 2018

Carol Kravetz ~ 2nd guest appearance and her novel ~ The Revenge



TITLE: The Revenge
RELEASE DATE: October 2017
AUTHOR: Carol Kravetz
PAGE COUNT: 526
ISBN: 978-1977682703
IMPRINT: Black Hawk
CATEGORIES: Suspense/Crime/Thriller



KEYWORDS: crime, adventure, murder, suspense, thriller, female protagonist, police, private investigator, organized crime, FBI, vigilante justice, revenge, vengeance, dark, scary, vengeful, disturbing, action

ONE LINER:
They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but if you’ve been waiting for the chance for 5 long years, it is cold, sinister… and deadly.

 SYNOPSIS:
Six months have passed since Paul, Dave, Cathy and Krista met and solved their first case together. Now an established power team in their precinct, the detectives are inseparable. A convict Paul arrested five years earlier in Brooklyn is released from prison, where he has been plotting a cruel revenge against Paul. He first makes his presence known with sabotage on Paul’s car. Then an attempt is made on Krista’s life. But these are only warm-ups, mere teasers for what he really has in store. With the abduction of Dave and Cathy, Paul and Krista soon learn their friends’ lives hang in the balance. They have no clues to find their friends and they know time is running out. Paul’s nemesis always seems to stay one step ahead. Even with a tip that finally puts them on track, the ex-con calls all the shots and Paul and Krista can only fear their friends will never be found or, if they are, it will be too late.




GUEST POST:
My most vivid memory of being an avid reader is of when I was in the region of eight or nine years old. I had just required a new reading lamp and, even though it was during the summer and being in the Northern Hemisphere still quite light out even at 10:30 at night, I asked my mother, who was going out to a church meeting that evening, if I could go to my room after the evening meal to read and test my new lamp. She of course said yes and off I went with a pile of books and my new lamp shining brightly even in a room bathed in early evening sunlight. It wasn’t until a few hours later when I realised I had unwittingly nearly sent my father into cardiac failure. He had spent the last hour or so looking everywhere for me, even recruiting several neighbours, my two older brothers and my younger sister to join in the hunt until finally, in despair, he had gone to the church hall to break the devastating news to my mother that I was missing. He couldn’t understand why she burst into laughter and asked him had he checked my bedroom, that I had retired there after dinner to read. I remember most vividly my bedroom door being flung open and seeing my poor distraught, but very relieved father looking at me in almost disbelief. I didn’t even get into trouble because I really hadn’t done anything wrong!

Growing up in the ‘70s and 80’s, I was influenced by such police television series as Starsky and Hutch, Charlie’s Angels, Streets of San Francisco and the British series The Professionals. I had already decided before I left school that I wanted to be a police officer but in the United Kingdom back then, there were height restrictions for both men and women and I fell short by 2 inches of the women’s requirement of 5’4”. Given my love for reading, and watching those police series, disheartened but undeterred at my failure to grow as tall as I needed to be, I quickly came to understand that I could put the two together and write about police detectives. I utilised the handsomeness of the television male stars with the beauty of the female stars to create my own detectives, two male and two female.

Writing very quickly became my passion. Even working fulltime as a medical secretary, I devoted much of my spare time to honing my characters and my first storyline. In fairness, even though I thought the first draft of Book One was a masterpiece in the making, it was actually very amateurish. My lengthy experience as a reader taught me how to develop not only the characters, but also how important it is to add detail and substance and draw the reader into the story as it develops. The finished product I have today is largely due to input from my few but faithful readers, my dearest friends and family members, who advised me that I shouldn’t have included a certain part or I should take a certain part out and it is thanks to them I have the full sized, and completely finished to my satisfaction, novel that I do today. The storyline itself had never been an issue. I had, although not necessarily in order, a beginning, a middle and an end. I made adjustments through the years but the storyline stayed essentially the same. I found I enjoyed my characters very much and, despite not holding back on giving them trials and tribulations through everyday life, I ultimately wanted what was best for them.

I deliberately made each main character as different from the others as possible. I gave each of them completely different backgrounds and upbringings but also wanted them to have the same professional capabilities to ensure an easy working life together. I thought it was inevitable they would meet and fall in love, so that was deliberately why I brought romance into the story.

Before the first book was even completed, I had come to realise I wasn’t done with my characters just yet. I had already thought up the idea of a second book in the series, to take up about six months or so where the first book left off. Although the second book holds a lot of dark content, and even a few pages of extremely violent content, the story itself could have brought my characters to an end of their literal lives. But still I wasn’t done with them and a third book came along, then a fourth, and so on until I now have seven books completed. Is there an eighth book in the making? Stay tuned….
 


 AUTHOR BIO:
I was born and raised in Northern Ireland, near Belfast. I emigrated to Canada in my mid 20’s and while there, started writing. My day time job was as a medical secretary to various health care professionals but my spare time was dedicated to my writing. I lived in Canada for 12 years and during that time had almost completed seven novels in a series. After living at home for a year, I moved to the United States and continued my career as a medical secretary. My writing was shelved for just a little while during my time in the States but, since my return to Northern Ireland upon my husband’s retirement six years ago, I have been able to resume my hobby and complete the seventh novel.  My first novel in “The Bathville Books” series, titled “Murder is Just the Beginning” is published through Ravenswood Publishing and is available on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and Barnes & Noble. “The Revenge” is the second novel in “The Bathville Books” series, taking place 6 months after the completion of the first novel. I currently work fulltime within the Education Authority and dedicate as much time as possible to my family and my writing.


AUTHOR LINKS:

BUY LINKS: 




Brought to you by:



A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.