Monday, March 13, 2017

Ann Fuller ~ an interview and her novel ~ The 4975

I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Ann Fuller



TITLE: The 4975
RELEASE DATE: November 20, 2016
AUTHOR: Ann Fuller
KEYWORDS: adventure, dystopian, apocalyptic, science fiction, action, new adult, suspense
CATEGORIES: Dystopian/Young Adult/Suspense
PAGE COUNT: 196
ISBN: 978-1530797943
IMPRINT: Howling Wolf
 
 
 
AUTHOR BIO:
I have loved books since I was able to pick one up. Writing only became a source of expression to me after I went through a very dark period of my life – my feelings were ones that I could fathom into words through my fingers, not out of my mouth. Each and every book I read brings a sense of realism into my existence, and I hope the world I have created becomes real to you.



BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: Definitely a midnight candle burner. I like being up early, but waking up early gets
me cranky, if that makes sense.

Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A: My real name isn’t Ann.

Q: Bedtime, relaxing so you can sleep sounds. Is your preference, white noise, TV, soft

music, ocean waves, forest or meadow sounds, babbling brook, or something else?
A: I love thunderstorms. Thunderstorms help me sleep, which is really strange, but they
do. I love the chaos and the science and the imagery behind it all.

Q: Did you like school when you were a child?
A: I’m still at school, actually. I’m starting year 12 (final year of high school) in January.

Q: Favorite color?
A: Purple

 BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: It wasn’t really until after my dad died that I started, it was an idea that I had for a
while and I wanted to expand on it deeper. I got to channel my emotions and my
thoughts and my feelings into the story, which really helped with a lot of the grief
involved.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: The original starting point was a vision I had of an old, huge bluestone building, with
black wrought iron gates. After that, the rest flowed naturally, like the colours and the
people.

Q: How did you come to write your genre of choice?
A: It’s quite popular for young adults to read novels such as these, and because I am one
myself, it was easy for me to project to this sort of audience.

Q: Which element of book writing is most difficult for you?
A: Having to go back and back and back and reread, reedit, fix plot holes and fix spelling
mistakes and grammar. It’s really frustrating, because you know your work and you
know what will happen, but you’re unsure if others are going to feel the same way when
they begin reading it.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: When the words and the images and the characters all come together, and you can
see it developing right in front of you. That gives me a real sense of purpose.

Q; Now your least favorite part?
A: I think for me, one of the hardest parts was telling my family. They were all so excited
and desperate to read it, but I was especially worried for my mother, who I knew
wouldn’t favour a lot of the language and plotlines involved with the story. My sisters
were over the moon.

Q: Describe your favorite hero? (This doesn’t have to be one of yours.)
A: Captain America. He’s very patriotic and protective, which is something I really
admire.

Q: Who's your favorite author?
A: Probably Tenessee Williams. A Streetcar Named Desire was an incredible story.

Q: Your favorite title?
A: Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey.

Q: Would you ever consider a joint project?
A: I would definitely, it’s always interesting to collaborate and develop new ideas with
some other authors.

Q: Which of your own releases was your particular favorite?
A: The 4975 is my first release, however its second installment, the 3216, was my
favourite to write.

Q: How do you handle a writer's block?
A: My best friend knows my story better than I do, so I usually ask for her wisdom and
guidance.

Q: Do you write long hand first, or does it go straight into the computer?
A: Straight into the computer – it gives me an exact count of words and my hands don’t
cramp up from holding a pen.

Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured

guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: Go with the flow, I think. If you have an idea for a chapter later in the novel, write
that chapter and incorporate it later. If you have an idea for another story, write as much
detail as you can on a separate document and then come back to it later when you’re
ready.

Q: When crafting the story do you go from beginning to end, or do you jump around

writing the scenes that are pushing themselves forward in your brain?
A: I write whatever comes to me first, and then go back and do my best to set up a
timeline and character profiles.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A: With the first novel, yes I did. Not with the second and third ones though, that came
to me as the stories developed further.

Q: Have your characters ever taken the story in a different direction than you had

originally planned? Do you have a for instance, for us?
A: They have actually. Hunter’s sister, Anna, was never supposed to live past the first
few chapters, but she stuck around.

Q: What geographical locations are your favorite and why?
A: Australia. I was born here, I grew up here and I live here, so I know it all really well
and can describe it without actually being there.

Q: Which holiday celebrations do you like to incorporate into your stories and why?
A: I’m not really a festive person. I don’t do my birthday and I’m not overly religious, so
Christmas isn’t much more than a turkey with both sides of my family.

Q: Generally speaking, is your work based on real life experience? If it's not would you

want it to be?
A: The death of Hunter’s father was a real life experience for me. My dad had passed
about six weeks before the production of the novel first started, so it was quite simple for
me to conjure up her emotions and thoughts, because I still had them myself.

Q: How long does it take you to create a novel?
A: Months, for sure. It’s not a two day, three day job – it’s a lot of hours, writing and
reading and reading and editing. I think the 4975 was about three to six months.

Q: Do you like to read the genre that you write?
A: I do- it assists me with helping bring my own ideas and complexities to light.

Q: How does the man in your life feel about the genre you write? Has he read any of

your work?
A: Oh no, not at all. My partner, Patrick, didn’t even know about the novel until a few
months before it got released. I knew he would want to read it, but his criticisms were
the ones I feared the most – I didn’t want him saying that it was good just because he’s
my partner, I wanted an honest opinion from him. The same goes for my family, too.

 BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m in the process of editing the second installment of the 4975 series, the 3216, and
finishing up the final one, the 0158. It’s pretty intense to manage, but I might have a few
ideas for a fourth prequel in the works.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: The 3216, the second installment of the 4975 series, continues about three days after
the 4975 finished. It begins from Eamon’s perspective and then alternates between him
and Hunter after a few chapters.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: Yes, I do. Here are the links.
Author Links:
https://www.facebook.com/hayley.belfrage

Buy Links:AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZXY762
AMAZON UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZXY762
AMAZON CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LZXY762
CREATESPACE: https://www.createspace.com/6173521



SYNOPSIS:
The 4975 Academy of Self Defense brings life changing opportunities for anyone accepted. Hunter Gates begins to realize this as she’s branded as an ‘Elite’ student, a privilege offered to only the best ten students in the school of sixty pupils. With the help of cold and calloused self defence trainer Eamon, Hunter must trust herself and protect the ones around her to save her school and the family she finds within it.

ONE LINER: 
A thrilling and intense dystopian novel focusing on trust and the importance of self-belief.



Brought to you by:


A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.