Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Savannah Ostler ~ an interview and her novel Once Upon a Time University


I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Savannah Ostler




BIO:
Savannah Ostler was born in Alpine, Utah. Since childhood, she has enjoyed many forms of the arts. It was from her love of performing that she decided to attend East Hollywood High, a school in Salt Lake City dedicated to film, television, and writing.

In addition to acting for both stage and film, Savannah is also a singer, having released several original pop singles, and performing at well known venues in Hollywood such as The House Of Blues, and the Roxy theater.

Although Savannah is incredibly diverse with her talents, her first love is, and has always been writing. She has been writing ever since she learned how to read and write. She enjoys many different forms of writing: poetry, lyrics, fiction, and screenplays. To date, Miss Ostler has written hundreds of original poems, six original songs produced and performed by Savannah herself, hundreds of lyrics not yet produced, over a dozen produced short films, five feature film screenplays, two television pilots, and of course, her first novel Happily Ever After High School.

Savannah has always been a day dreamer and a true kid at heart. When she is not buried in her writing projects, she can be found at Disneyland, living out all of her fairy tale dreams.

She lives in Los Angeles, CA with her husband Steve and their two mixed Chihuahua pups.

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: How would you describe yourself as a color? Think personality here. Are you a light and airy pastel person, or more of a deep, dark, sultry and mysterious color?   
A: This is an awesome question! My first instinct tells me that I would be pink, because it’s my signature color. ;) Having said that though, I think the color that would describe my personality best would be yellow. I am bright, happy, energetic, and playful. I always try to look at the bright side of things!


Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: Anyone who knows me even a little knows that I am definitely NOT a morning person. Haha! Definitely a night owl here. :)

Q: If your life were a movie would it be considered an action film, comedy, drama, romance, fantasy or a combination?
A: I would say that it would be a dramedy, basically a comedic drama. I say that because like everyone else, I have had my fair share of struggles and dramatic moments throughout my life. However, my day to day life is filled with laughter, jokes, and ironies. 

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: I began writing when I was a wee one! My head has always been so full of different stories to tell. I can’t say that I recalled a certain moment when I decided that I would start writing, I just did. I did it without thinking, because I feel most like myself when I’m writing.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: I get my ideas from a bunch of random places. Sometimes from dreams, sometimes just from letting my imagination run wild. For a lot of my work, I get inspiration for my characters from different people I know or have met.

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: I would have to say the editing process. It can be long and painful!
Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: For the most part, I am a play it by ear kind of writer. I do like to have a loose outline in place before I actually sit down to write, but nothing too detailed. I love seeing where I end up, and where the story takes me. When I’m “in the zone” and writing away, new ideas and inspiration come to me. I love taking advantage of this!

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A:  No I don’t, and that’s part of the fun of it! :)

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: At the moment, I am bouncing through all of the different ideas I have. I am trying to decide which one of these many ideas I should tackle next!

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Only the books in my head at the moment. But stay tuned! ;)

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A:  Yes, I do. Here are the links.

https://twitter.com/SavannahOstler
https://www.facebook.com/savannah.ostler/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SavannahOstler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015XBELSW
http://www.amazon.com/Happily-Ever-After-High-School-ebook/dp/B00S8GK55I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_351_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51RG2ebSKWL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR107%2C160_&refRID=0YMMQQ0P1YCEF3NTWNZY
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/once-upon-a-time-university-savannah-ostler/1122717711?ean=2940150780095




Excerpt:

The action began to unfold as two knights on opposite sides of the arena mounted their horses. The knight from Once Upon a Time University was on the south side of the arena, the Charmed University knight on the north side. Both knights began to prep for the match.

“Kill Charmed University!” Cindy violently shouted.

I widened my eyes at Cindy in surprise.

Cindy slightly sank in her seat as Ben and I both gave her looks of surprise.

“Is she really that much into the sport?” Ben whispered to me.

“Her ex-boyfriend is on the Charmed University team,” I whispered back to him.

“Ah,” he nodded his head with a slight smile.

I looked back at Cindy again, grinning to myself as I watched her fixated on the action before us.

I turned my attention back to the arena while taking another refreshing sip of my fairy nectar drink. The two knights sat gallantly on their horses as they readied themselves for the joust. Each one was fitted with absolutely outstanding medieval armor and chainmail, all shiny and new. The horses breathed as if they were ready for the action, their hooves scraping the ground like a bull ready to charge. A glare in each of their eyes told the tale of a warrior who would not be defeated. At the wave of a flag, they charged. Following the path of the stone wall, the knights slowly lowered their lances into position. Step by step, the knights advanced until the moment came when it was time to strike.

SMACK!

The crowd reacted in loud cheers as our knight swiftly knocked the knight from Charmed University down in one glorious blow.

The fallen knight rolled onto the sandy dirt and into a pile of dusty smoke. His horse retreated the arena in fear, leaving the fallen knight alone.

“YES!!” Cindy violently cheered, raising her hands above her head.

“ALRIGHT! GO TEAM!” I shouted, trying to match Cindy’s energy.

I rose up from my seat and clapped my hands.

I know, I was a little awkward. I’m new to this whole sports thing, okay? I was just trying to go along with it. Or in Cindy’s words, expand my horizons.

“That was awesome!” Ben cried in enthusiasm.

“That sucker didn’t stand a chance!” Cindy said.

“Was that him?” I asked Cindy.

“No. Trust me when it’s Carter, you’ll know,” she answered.

The victor from the first match proudly trotted over to the edge of the arena on his white horse. The entire crowd was going wild. My heart pounded in excitement. It felt as if I was riding a rollercoaster. My adrenaline was pumping non stop.

I joined the crowd in the continuing cheers of celebration as the victor exited the field in pride.

“That’s one for Once Upon a Time University!” the announcer shouted from the top of his lungs.

A new set of knights entered the arena and began to mount their horses. The knight from Charmed University looked familiar...

“That’s him,” Cindy said in disgust.

“Your ex?” Ben asked.

“Yes. I know it’s embarrassing,” Cindy replied as she glared at Carter.

Savannah thanks for stopping by.

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.